Monday, May 7, 2012

Whiskey in my beer.

I am about to bottle my second attempt at Hobgoblin beer but had a set back when I noticed none of my friends were rinsing out there bottles after helpping them selves to my fridge.  So I spent my entire Sunday cleaning out caked on mold and bacteria from bottles and boiling them in water.  Not happy was I.

When I went to the local supply store for priming sugar I was looking around and found a new beer kit that caught my attention.  Whiskey Barrel Stout! 

I am a little unsure of when I will try to brew that one, what with mothers day weekend coming up, but I am intreuged.  I have not used oak chips in any brew so far that I have attempted so this kit is going to done very strictly by the included instructions, but I really want to know what the flavor comes out like.

Another kit that caught my attention but which I did not buy was something called Milk Stout.  I box says it uses lactose to give the beer a richer creamy body and head and has me wondering about that flavor as well.

I love Irish Cars when I go to the bars.  For thosethat don't know it is Guiness, Whiskey, and Irish Cream wish the whiskey and cream in a shot that you drop in the Guiness.  I am wondering what the Whiskey Barrel Stout and Milk Stout taste like because I am wondering if I couldn't mix the oak chips with the lactose and some coffee flavoring to make a stout beer that tastes like an Irish Car.

No comments:

Post a Comment