Thursday, April 1, 2010

Funny the way it is.

My dad is in the hospital right now and has not been doing good. He collapsed after work Tuesday and my family and I have been in and out of three different hospitals since. We are currently at the University of Michigan Hospital, where everyone in Michigan goes when you are really bad off. Right now he is on a temporary heart pump, which is a balloon in his heart to help it pump.

We have family in the area that has been letting us stay with them at night, although tonight we are staying at the hospital. This morning on the way here he went in to cardiac arrest almost right when we were getting in the elevator to come up to his floor to see him.

But this is really not about that. This is about more.

There was a guy standing by a stop sign by a freeway exit with a sign asking for help. On the other side of the road you could see a golf course where four people wearing typical preppy clothes were on the golf course. One man was begging for food while another was playing golf.

I was planning to be bowling and drinking with friends on Friday, and now I am in Ann Arbor worried about if my dad is going to make it and how well he is going to come out of it.

My family never says, "I love you.", but we have been crying in each others arms.

Not sure where I was going with this post but ......

No comments:

Post a Comment