Friday, March 2, 2012

Up Date on last weeks brew

The fermentation has not gone as expected.  Usually the first 2 days of fermentation are marked by rapid venting through the air lock, however I have witnessed very slow venting and not to a degree that I would expect. 

Upon looking closer in to all grain brewing I have discovered that I was soaking my grains in less water then recommended and in a pot that is too small.  I am now pricing larger, 7.5 gallon, pots and may buy one later in March.  I also have plans to change the 7 pounds of pale grain to one can of light liquid malt extract and rebrew.

I have not given up on this latest brew yet but expect to be dumping it after the first fermentation depending on what I have.  I am expecting to smell and taste a very weak flavor dominated by hops.

No comments:

Post a Comment