Sunday, March 6, 2011

New scene, please

It is really hitting me right now, how bad this area is for someone like me to live in.

It is not just the gay aspect of things, there is alot more to it then that. There just seems to be this void in my life. Even though I am currently seeing someone.

I guess it really hit me Saturday. I was looking forward all week to going out to Saugatuck MI on saturday for a fun night of dancing and drinking at the largest gay and lesbian resort in the state, for those that don't know Sagutuck is sort of Michigan's San Fransico. I almost always enjoy myself when I go, I love the music they play I like the dance floor and I love the environment although it usually makes me feel fat to be in a night club with all those in shape gay guys. Seriously though, I really like going there, it is fun.

Suddenly though, my BF started being against the idea of going and seemed more interested in just staying at home and watching Glee on DVD all night. He wasn't actually saying he didn't want to go to Saugatuck but he through out all these different things we could do at the last minute, like he suddenly really wasn't interested in going. So I just let it go and there entered the funk I currently find myself in.

This was my only weekend until the end of the semester to not worry and just have fun and all my plans and desires were thwarted. So now I have nothing to look forward to for the next two months, again. I really am starting to wonder if this listless feeling of just plugging along happens everywhere or if this is more of a midwest mentality brought on by the fact that there is nothing here.

Don't you get tired of never having anything to look forward to?

It is March 7th and all I have to look forward to is a possible 2 week layoff in July, yeah I am actually looking forward to being laid off from work for 2 weeks, since that will be the only vacation I will see all year and I have to wait 6 months for it. 6 months of non stop work and school before I have time to enjoy anything again and just be me. 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment