Saturday, August 7, 2010

Virg for Michigan

On Tuesday Virg Bernero won the Democratic Primary for Governor of Michigan.

I like this guy!!!

1. He was noted in a past issue of The Nation as supporting the creation of a State run bank. The idea being that state pension funds, economic investment programs, and even student loans would no longer have to be run through private banks, saving state tax payer money from the greasy palms of Wall Street Bankers.

2. He is a strong supporter of equality, and has consistently supported the Michigan GLBT community.

3. You may have seen him on tv back during the bailout days fighting the conservative pundits what would of watched the heart of American Manufacturing, i.e. GM and Chrysler, disintegrate along with millions of jobs that America's hardest working people count on for a living.

I have liked this guy since the first time I read anything about him in The Nation.
He has the support of Michigan's labor unions, and Gay and Lesbian organizations.
This guy gives me the vibe of being an Obama style Democrat and I like it.
I like Virg Bernero

No comments:

Post a Comment